www.co.hunterdon.nj.us | Hunterdon County Solid Waste and Recycling Services
HOME COUNTY PROGRAMS HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE CONTACT
Route 12 County Complex
Building #1, 2nd Floor
PO Box 2900
Flemington, NJ 08822-2900
BUSINESSES RESIDENTS MUNICIPALITIES RESOURCES
Saturday, March 7, 2020
Saturday, July 18, 2020
Saturday, November 21, 2020
DOWNLOAD 2020 EVENTS FLYER
EVENTS ARE HELD RAIN OR SHINE
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
314 State Route 12, Hunterdon County Complex, Flemington, NJ 08822
NO PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED
EMAIL: email@example.com | PHONE: 908-788-1351 | FAX: 908-782-7510
OFFICE HOURS: 8:00 am and 4:30 pm
Several times a year the County Complex on Route 12 holds a Household Hazardous Waste Clean Up event.
No pre-registration required and all county residents are welcome.
Leftover household products may contain corrosive, ignitable, reactive, or toxic ingredients and are considered to be household hazardous waste. Improper disposal of these wastes (pouring down drain, storm sewers or in some cases putting them out with the trash) are unlawful and will pollute the environment and pose a threat to human health.
NO COMPUTERS OR MONITORS WILL BE ACCEPTED: See information about our Special Electronics Cleanup Day Program
WHAT IS A HAZARDOUS WASTE????
Find out here..
NEW GUIDELINES DUE TO COVID-19 FOR THE COLLECTION OF HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE
- Please limit one person per household entering the HHW program location.
- Face Coverings are required for the driver.
- Please place items in the rear of the vehicle.
- There will be no pour offs of containers. The way the waste is packaged is the way the waste will be unloaded. This limits the amount of time an unloader can be subjected to the driver. If gas cans are brought in the can will not be given back empty to the driver.
WE WILL ACCEPT WITH NO QUANTITY LIMIT:
Used Motor Oil Automotive Batteries
WE WILL ACCEPT UP TO 10 GALLONS OR 80 POUNDS OF THE FOLLOWING:
NOTE: Amounts in excess of 10 gallons or 80 pounds will incur a cost of $2.00 Per Pound.
- Latex Paint *
- Gas/Oil Mix
- Oil Based Paint *
- Pool Chemicals
- Photographic Chemicals
- Fuel/Oil Sludge
- Paint Thinner
- Aerosol Cans
- Battery Acid
* Consolidate latex paints and oil based paints, keeping them type separated, to make full cans
** Dampen and Double Wrap in Plastic
NOTE: Empty dry paint containers with the lids off can be disposed of with regular garbage.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Solid Waste
- Empty Containers *
- Radioactive Materials
- Computers and Monitors
- Propane or any Compressed Gas Tanks
- UNKNOWN, UNMARKED OR UNIDENTIFIED MATERIALS
* Empty dry containers with the lids off can be disposed of with regular garbage.
PLEASE NOTE: Alkaline batteries now fall below Federal and State hazardous waste standards and can be disposed of in the regular trash.
HOME | HUNTERDON COUNTY SOLID WASTE AND RECYCLING SERVICES | Hazardous Waste Cleanup Program